(armradio.am) Presidents of the Parliamentary Assembly of La Francophonie for the European Region adopted a statement today, condemning the Armenian Genocide and calling on Turkey to face its history.
Stressing the inadmissibility of the lack of international recognition of the Armenian Genocide and reminding that such crimes have no statute of limitations, the Presidents of the Parliamentary Assembly condemn the fact of the genocide committed against the Armenian people in the Ottoman Empire.
They commemorate the innocent victims of the 10915 Genocide and express solidarity with the Armenian people in their struggle for the international recognition of the Genocide and restoration of the rights of persons subjected to genocide.
They invite Turkey to face its own past and finally acknowledge the fact of the Armenian Genocide and hope that this recognition will mark the start of reconciliation between the Armenian and Turkish peoples.
(parliament.am) Below is the full text of the resolution:
Statement of the Presidents of the Parliamentary Assembly of La Francophonie for the European Region
1. We, representatives of parliaments of states using the French as a common language, gathering at the Conference of Presidents of the Parliamentary Assembly of La Francophonie (APF) for the European Region on 31 March 2015;
2. Establishing our obligations for the sake of peace, democracy, human rights, the security in the territory of Francophonie and its world values;
3. Encouraging the international organisation of La Francophonie and the Parliamentary Assembly of La Francophonie for being consistent with the implementation of actions aiming at preventing the crises and conflicts according to the UN Charter on Principles and Norms of International Law;
4. Underlining the inadmissibility of the Genocide, as actions qualified crime, not being internationally recognized until now and reminding that such crime has no expiry date;
5. We condemn the fact of the Genocide perpetrated in the Ottoman Empire towards the Armenian people,
6. We commemorate the memory of the innocent victims of 1915 Armenian Genocide and we are consolidated with Armenia and the Armenian people in the struggle for the international recognition of the Genocide and the restoration of the rights of people subjected to Genocide;
7. We invite Turkey to face its own history and at last recognize the fact of the Armenian Genocide and we express hope that that recognition will be a starting point of reconciliation between the Armenian and Turkish peoples.